Sakura Days Japan Fair celebrates all things Japan, from Japanese food, performances, to arts and culture. Most activities will take place out of doors, with selected vendors, tea ceremony, and experiences to take place indoors. Look forward to taiko drumming, theatre performances, woodworking demonstrations, and a renewed Japanese Garden display, just to name a few!
VanDusen Botanical Garden Members Get Discount Pricing! Discounted membership rates are available for those that hold a valid VBGA membership. Please select the appropriate tickets and remember to bring your membership card with you. Both tickets and memberships will be checked at the door.
*Membership rates are only applicable for those with a membership. If you are a member and would like to bring family or friends, please select the regular tickets for your guests.
Please note the following important items:
- Masks are not mandatory but encouraged, with the exception of those under the age of 5.
- Please make sure to print out your ticket and bring with you to the event or have your ticket available on your mobile device.
- No pets allowed. Working guide and service dogs only.
- Parking is very limited, please take public transportation. Bicycle Valet will be available on site.
- This event is wheelchair accessible.
- Many vendors are cash only.
- This is a rain or shine event. NO REFUNDS.
Sakura Days Japan Fair (#SDJF) is a family-friendly, two-day Japanese festival showcasing Japanese cultural and performing arts, cuisine and business while celebrating spring and the ephemeral beauty of the cherry blossom. Traditional, modern and fusion Japan. Experience it all.
SDJF is presented by the Japan Fair Association of Vancouver ( www.JapanFairVancouver.com ) as part of the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival month ( vcbf.ca ) and is hosted by VanDusen Botanical Garden.